Have a low budget for the marketing of your product?
Here is the answer. Using Guerrilla marketing technique, you can market your product in a low budget. Now the question is-
What is this Guerrilla marketing?
and the answer is, It is a low budget marketing technique or tool that enables SME's (Small and Medium Enterprises) to use unconventional ideas and methods to market a product and demoralize their rivals with surprising attacks.
The term was coined in 1984 by Jay Conrad Lavinson. This type of marketing instantly generates the memory by grasping attention of consumers as it uses surprise elements, swift actions , utilizes creativity and imagination.
The reasons why it is so effective and different from conventional marketing techniques are-
- Include personal interaction
- Creating memorable experience
How Guerrilla marketing s used?
As the companies are concerned by brand awareness, so if they use Guerrilla marketing technique and if it becomes successful then it will prove to be a creative and unique way to reach new customers and grow the brand. Although there are many factors which are to be considered to practice Guerrilla marketing but we will see some key points which must be remembered-
- Instead of investing money, we need to invest time, energy and imagination.
- We need to find out the core message of our business or product.
- Message should be condensed into a meaningful 5 second exchange between us and our customer.
- We must understand that marketing combinations are more effective than single stream advertisement.
- We should not say something deliberately that can upset or provoke our customers.
Types of Guerrilla marketing-
Guerrilla marketing is not limited to one style, method or fixed rules, further it can be anything we want it to be depending upon our imagination and ingenuity. There are already defined and tested ways in which we can do Guerrilla marketing(types of guerrilla marketing) and they are-
- Ambush marketing
- Experimental marketing
- Viral marketing
- Ambient marketing
- Sensation marketing
- Grass-root marketing
- Presence marketing
- Undercover marketing
- Presume marketing
Drivers of Guerrilla marketing-
How an act of marketing strategy will effect on the consumer's mind? is also a big question to be considered so here are some effects or factors which ultimately becomes the basis of different Guerrilla marketing techniques and so can be called as drivers.
- Low-cost effect/Free-riding effect/Rub-off effect
- Diffusion effect
- Surprise effect
Let us now understand some of the above said marketing techniques with the help of examples.
- Most effective way of Guerrilla marketing,
- Built on free riding effect,
- Intrudes upon public attention during an event
- Our marketing at other's expanse.
- Makes use of diffusion effect,
- Ads should engage an emotion with your product,
- Consumer shares his/her experience with others out of excitement,
- Consumer should feel happy about product and worth sharing the idea with others.
- Based on Surprise effect,
- Idea is to place the ad at unusual place or in unexpected way,
- Draws attention as consumers feels surprised.
Note : Images have been taken from Google Images and Other Sources, just for information and education purpose.